A sole proprietorship in Japan
can be a good choice for a business person who has just begun a new business venture. In this country
, the sole proprietor is held entirely responsible for the venture.
Moreover, a person can start a sole proprietorship in Japan
depending on his or her visa status or the spouse’s status. Our company formation advisors in Japan
can provide assistance related to opening such a business entity in this country, as well as on starting a company
of any kind in Japan
Characteristics of a sole proprietorship in Japan
When beginning a new venture in Japan, generally it is better to start it as a sole proprietorship in order to further grow it.
That is because the incorporation of such a business entity in this country is simpler and less taxation is due until it reaches a certain profit. Our company registration consultants in Japan
can provide further details on this subject.
A sole proprietorship in Japan has the following advantages:
• It is owned and managed by one person;
• The sole owner all the profits, losses, debts and assets of the company;
• It may utilize a commercial name;
• It does not separate the owner and the business.
Permits necessary to open a sole proprietorship in Japan
Subject to the kind of entity which is about to be set up, one or more permits will be required. Because the most common entities opened by foreign entrepreneurs in Japan are language schools, restaurants and import-export businesses, they require licenses such as:
• Language school: a permit from the Ministry of Education is needed to open a private school, but there are no permit requirements for after-school classes;
• Restaurant: a restaurant has to obtain a permit from the Local Public Health Center and one from the Public Safety Commission in case it will be serving after 10 p.m. or offer alcoholic drinks;
• Exporting and importing
: this type of entity is not required to obtain a license, however, the business owner has to acquit the customs tariffs for Japan. Our Japan company formation
specialists can provide further information on this matter.
If you need to know more about starting a sole proprietorship in Japan
, we invite you to get in touch
with our friendly company registration
consultants in Japan