Businesses in Japan are many times required to obtain certain permits and licenses
if they want to activate in certain sectors. In this article, our company formation consultants in Japan
briefly present what these special permits and licenses for your business
are in Japan
License requirements for the construction and real estate industry in Japan
In order to activate in the construction and real estate industry in Japan, a company must obtain a special license.
When the license applicant is represented by a business, at least one director has to meet the following requirements:
• He or she must have an experience of minimum five years as a “Person Responsible for Management and Operation (PRMO)”, if the applicant has been working in the same construction activity as the type of license which he or she is applying for;
• He or she must have an experience of minimum seven years working in a similar job as a PRMO, in case the applicant has been working in a different building activity;
He or she must have must have experience in working in a similar position as a PRMO, in certain circumstances. Our company registration advisors in Japan
can offer more details on what these other circumstances may consist of.
Other types of licenses in Japan
In Japan, there are other types of licenses which must be obtained for different fields of activity, such as:
• Restaurants and cafes
: according to the Food Hygiene Law at the health department. This license is put in place to ensure that the safety and sanitation are respected by restaurants in which food in served and prepared. Our Japan company formation
representatives can provide more details on this matter;
• Retail selling of alcoholic drinks: when importing alcohol in the country with the aim or reselling it, the importer has to obtain an alcohol importing license. Without having it, the importer cannot clear customs, therefore this license has to be obtained by the moment the items enter the ports in Japan;
• Dealing in second-hand or used products;
• Different financial services;
• Wholesale of alcohol;
• Other licenses and permits
: our Japan company formation
specialists can provide further details on what these other licenses and permits consist of.
If you would like to know more about the business licenses in Japan
, or if you would like to open a company in Japan
, please contact
our friendly staff.