represents a digital asset which is created to function as a medium of exchange utilizing cryptography to secure the transactions and to control the generation of supplementary currency units. Our company formation agents in Japan
can provide complete details on the requirements which are imposed in order to open a cryptocurrency business in Japan
and the costs of such a start-up.
The legislation concerning cryptocurrency in Japan
Japan recognized bitcoin as being a legal payment method earlier this year. The local government adopted a law which brought bitcoin exchanges to be controlled by anti-laundering or know-your-customer-rules, while it also recognized bitcoin as a type of prepaid payment tool. Our company registration
consultants in Japan
can provide further details on this matter.
The law specifically distinguishes the digital currency from the current one, as well as from the electronic currency. According to this law, digital currency differs from electronic money since the first one does not have issuers and can be utilized by any accepting person and the last one, has a certain issuer and can be used only by the issuer or an authorized individual.
Bitcoin business ideas in Japan
Here are a couple of bitcoin business ideas which can help you decide what type of cryptocurrency company you can open in Japan:
• Acquiring bitcoins: there are three major ways in which you can acquire bitcoins:
o Through accepting bitcoin payments;
o Mining for bitcoins;
Purchasing bitcoins on a bitcoin exchange. Our Japan company formation
advisors can assist you in opening
these types of cryptocurrency businesses
• Engaging in services for bitcoin: for example, you could engage in digital or hardware wallet services. Since owners of bitcoins need a secure place to keep their bitcoins, the online security for their digital wallets are most likely very important for the future of the bitcoin.
Registration procedure of a cryptocurrency business in Japan
• Making a company seal;
• Receive the certificate of seal registration;
• Record the Articles of Association with the Japan Legal Affairs Bureau;
• Other steps: our company formation consultants in Japan can offer more details on what these other steps consist of.
If you would like to know more about cryptocurrency in Japan
, please contact
our Japan company formation